5.06.2011

Breakfast to die for at the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn

A few weeks ago, we opted for a little "staycation" at the Fairmont Sonoma Mission and Spa. It was a lovely stay. But dare I say (and those who know me, wouldn't be surprised by this admission) that the best part was breakfast at Big 3, one of the restaurants on the property. The previous day when we checked in, a staff member claimed that the lemon ricotta pancakes were "out of this world", so of course I was intrigued. She wasn't kidding - they were outrageously good. Fluffy, light, with just the right amount of lemon flavor. It was served with a piece of preserved lemon and a dollop of creme fraiche. Holy moly was it good:


R. had the sourdough french toast, which he claimed was the "best french toast" he had ever had. It was good, but I don't know that I'd agree with him (I once had carrot cake french toast with cream cheese frosting in Austin, as well as banana bread french toast in SF that were far better), but it was definitely tasty.


The lemon pancakes were so good, that I wouldn't hesitate to drive an hour from SF just to eat them, even if I weren't staying at the hotel. Yes, they were *that* good. I'll have to see if I can replicate it sometime...

No comments: