3.22.2011

PPQ Dungeness

It was a dark and stormy night. Seriously. It's been raining non-stop for the past week or so, and it's likely to continue. R. and I wanted to enjoy a nice dinner in Sausalito, but it wasn't worth the trek in such miserable weather. So we trekked over to a neighborhood joint called PPQ Dungeness. They specialize in...well, dungeness crabs, but with Vietnamese flavors. I had been there years ago and wasn't that impressed. I'm not sure if the ownership changed, but I found it to be a far better experience this time around. Any place where you have to wear a bib gets two thumbs up in my book. :)

We started off with imperial rolls and cabbage salad. Nice contrast of flavors, textures and temperatures (piping hot rolls, ice cold salad).


This restaurant is known for their garlic noodles. It's crack, I swear - just can't get enough.
And the piece de resistance: roasted dungeness crab with plenty of garlic (do you sense a theme?).


For dessert, fried banana with coconut ice cream. 
And then the two little piggies rolled home.


No comments: