11.08.2010

Pumpkin Scones

(Note to self: Gotta think of more clever titles.)


I had half a can of pumpkin puree to use up yesterday. It was leftover from yet another disastrous attempt at trying out a new recipe. Epic fail = forgetting to use baking soda and baking powder. 'Nuf said.


So I came across a recipe for pumpkin scones. I love this time of year, because I love pumpkin - anything: pumpkin flapjacks, pumpkin pie, pumpkin pudding, pumpkin-you-name-it. I added some currants, as I wanted to add a bit more sweetness without adding more sugar; the currants definitely gave some nice texture to the scones as well. In retrospect, I might've drizzled these with a light cinnamon glaze or something, but I didn't feel like dirtying up another pan. Suffice it to say, these scones filled the house with a delicious and subtly spicy smell.



No comments: